This is the new Taranis Q X7 radio by FrSky. It is a lower cost and simplified version of the widely popular FrSky Taranis radio, and operates on OpenTX just as the Taranis does. The Q X7 features a modern new and sleek look along with a easy to navigate menu and intuitive scroll wheel and button controls.
The radio includes a Haptic Vibration Feedback System which provides an alternative feedback system to the voice and sound alert warnings. This 16 channel radio has smooth ball bearing gimbals and is loaded with six switches and two knobs. It runs on OpenTX and files can be shared with the popular X9D Plus. The MicroSD card slot offers unlimited model memory options, it also has a USB port for upgrades and to connect to a PC for adjusting settings. Both sticks come with spring loaded return to center sticks, this makes changing from mode 1 to mode 2 extremely easy to set through the menu and the stick can quickly be set to a stationary throttle by unscrewing four screws and removing a spring. One of the best features of the Taranis Q X7 is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback. Wheel and center enter button makes navigating the backlit menu easy and precise. Equipped with an audio jack output and trainer port as well. And of course a module bay for use with JR-type modules that can be used with other protocol receivers and with the use of an FrSky XJT module this radio can support up to 32-channels. Other features include Receiver Match, Real-Time Flight Data Logging and Super Low Latency for precision flying.
Overall this Radio has the features of more expensive transmitters at an unprecedented value.
- Model Name: Taranis Q X7
- Operating Voltage Range: 6~15V (2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable)
- Operating Current: 210mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
- Operating Temperature: -10~45℃
- Backlight LCD Screen: 128*64 outdoor readable LCD
- Model Memories: 60 (extendable by SD card)
- Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is used)
- Quad Ball Bearing Gimbals
- Receiver Match
- Audio Speech Outputs (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
- Antenna Status Detection and adjustment
- Real-time Flight Data Logging
- Receiver Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) Alerts
- Super Low Latency
- Smart Port Supported
- Vibration Alerts
- Model configuration files compatible with TARANIS X9D Plus